- Western/Latin and other
alphabets come from the Phoenician alphabet?
- Beritus or Berytus (modern Beirut,
Lebanon) had a very
important School of Law in the Roman Empire?
- The Bible is called thus
because it refers to the Phoenician city of Byblos?
- King Solomon's great Temple was built in the style of Tyre's Melqart
Temple by Phoenician
artisans using the Cedars of Lebanon?
- The Egyptian Pharoahs employed Phoenician cedar for their
- King Solomon, in his old age,
became a worshipper of the Phoenician goddess Ashtarte?
- Melchizedek, the
King of Salem
(King of Jerusalem) and Priest of the Most High God (El Elion), who
offered bread and wine to Abraham, was Phoenician?
- The Pentateuch (Moses'
first five books, if not more, of the the Old
Testament Bible, the Torah) was/were written down (transliterated) in
- Jesus Christ
and among the first to believe in him was a Phoenician woman?
- The bishops of all
Phoenician cities were consecrated as bishops by the Apostles or their
- Tyre, Sidon and other Phoenician Christian
cities and towns provided rest-stops and shelters for the Apostles
on their way to convert the world?
- St. Jerome
referred to Tyre
as the place where St. Paul
once knelt; and called Zarephath, Elijah's town?
- Phoenicians circumnavigated
- Phoenicians were the first to
use the Pole Star for navigation?
- Phoenicians were able traders
throughout the Mediterranean?
- Phoenicians colonized
the far corners of the Mediterranean from the Island
of Cyprus in the East to Spain and Gibraltar including the outer
Atlantic coast and North Africa in the
- Britain was
the Phoenicians' secret treasure of tin where the name "Britain"
may be coming from Barr (land) of Tannic (Tin)? Hence Britannia did not
come from Prutani, the name applied to the Celts
by the Romans, and some claim that the Celts were Phoenicians.
- The Phoenicians reached North America
BC and Punic inscriptions in Massachusetts
confirm this fact?
- In the Iliad and the Odyssey, Homer
Phoenicians and Phoenician cities.
- The Phoenician possessed the
science or art of dentistry as evident by the fine braces on a
lower jaw of a scull?
- The Phoenician language is
still spoken today in Malta
(or Maltese is a mixture of Phoenician/Punic and other
Mediterranean languages) ?
- To beef up their naval powers,
conquerors employed the Phoenicians in building warship-fleets?
- The Phoenicians raised elephants
- The first parliament ever
to convene in the Middle East met in the Phoenician confederate city of Tripoli?
- Roman Emperor Septimius Severus (193 - 211 AD)
descended from early Phoenician settlers and spoke with a Phoenician
- Pythagoras was
Phoenician and was initiated into the 'Ancient Mysteries' of the
Phoenicians c. 548 B.C. and studied for about 3 years in the temples of Tyre, Sidon,
and Byblos and that his father was a
Phoenician merchant from Tyre?
- Archimedes c.287
B.C.-212 B.C., Greek mathematician, physicist, and inventor, died during
the Roman assault on Syracuse while designing a catapult and the
Carthaginians fought on his side to defend the city.
- Thales of Miletus (who was half Phoenician), one of the first
great scientists, is said to have forecast the solar eclipse of the year
- Zeno of Citium was a glowing star in the
pre-Socratic age but was ridiculed in Athens for his Phoenician appearance.
- Popes Anicetus (155 - 166 AD), John V (685-686 AD), Sergius I (687-701 AD) and Gregory III (741-752 AD)
and Constantius were Phoenicians?
- Aristotle held
up the constitution of Carthage
as a model.
- Hasdrubal-Clitomachus added to Arcesilas
a critical interpretation of certitude which makes him a forerunner of
- St. Augustine was
Phoenician. He wrote "...there was a great deal of virtue
and wisdom in the Punic books".
- St. Jerome
believed Punic erotic poetry to be pernicious and described it as
- Many parts of the Old
Testament were plagiarized from Phoenician literature, poetry, and
religion, similar to plagiarizing of the Book of Job (for example ) from Babylonian tales?
- Phoenician sacrifice of
children to the gods was copied/practiced by
many Semites such as Abraham's attempt to sacrifice his son?
- The Phoenicians had a rough
knowledge about pi (3.1416) at the time of Hiram and the
building of Solomon's Temple?
- St. Frumentius,
Phoenician from Tyre,
- Mochus, a Sidonian, wrote a work on the atomic